10th August, 2020 Twenty participants were awarded certificates for successfully completing a Tour Guide training course on Thursday August 6th, at the Ministry of Tourism, ‘Api-ko-Lata’anga, Nuku’alofa. Deputy Director of the Destination Development Division, Mr. Anthony Cocker, led this initiative in close collaboration with the Culture & Heritage Division.
Tonga skills trainer, Ms. Lolinita Maue, stated that the vision to upgrade the level of service in the tourism industry to international standards is a milestone and a new beginning for tourism in the Kingdom. Maue commended Guest of Honor, Hon. ‘Akosita Havili Lavulavu and the Ministry of Tourism for being proactive in facilitating the trainings for tourist operators. The focus is to equip the participants with skills and confidence to welcome tourists when the borders reopen. The participants were encouraged to take away three important lessons from their training.
1. Respect the Tongan flag which symbolizes the country you represent as Tour Guides
2. Be sensitive towards future tourists and customers as the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the dynamics of tourism
3. You are all Ambassadors for Tonga
Participant, Mr. Lopeti Piutau spoke on behalf of the awardees to say they are grateful for the opportunity and suggested that these training courses should continue in the future. The CEO, Mr. Sione Finau Moala-Mafi, reiterated that tourism is the number one key driver of the economy, therefore tourism is an interrelated system and therefore tourism is everyone’s business. The Ministry of Tourism wishes to thank the trainers and the participants for their efforts to elevate the standard of tourism in the Kingdom and looks forward to hosting similar trainings at the outer-islands in the near future.
Issued by the: Ministry of Tourism
FOAKI TOHI FAKAMO’ONI AKO ‘E 20 ‘EHE MINISITA POTUNGAUE TAKIMAMATA HON ‘AKOSITA LAVULAVU KIA TEKINAUTOLU NA’A NAU LAVA’I LELEI ‘A E POLOKALAMA Tour Guide training course ‘i he ‘Api-ko-Lata’anga.
Na’e fakaha fiefia ‘ekinautolu na’a nau kao he ako ni ‘a ‘enau fiefia ‘i he tataki kuo fakahoko ‘e he Minisita Takimamata Hon Akosita Lavulavu pehe ki he CEO Mr. Sione Finau Moala-Mafi ‘i hono faka’ai’ai mo fakatupulekina ‘a e ngaue takimamata ‘i Tonga ni ‘o tautau tefito ki he mahu’inga;
- Faka’apa’apa’i ‘etau fuka Tonga koe taipe ‘o e fonua ‘oku tau fakafofonga’i koe kau fakataukei kitautolu ki he kau folau’eve’eva.
- Ketau matu’aki tokanga, faka’ehi’ehi mo fakapotopoto ma’u pe ‘i he ‘etau fetu’utaki moe kau Folau’eve’eva mai ki Tonga ni koe ‘uhi koe COVID-19 ‘aia kuo ne uesia e Takimamata.
- Koe kau ‘Amipasitoa kitautolu ma’a Tonga.
©VPON Media 2020